Pages

Friday, February 22, 2019

Are you that good?




From Gooogle
                                                     
I was asked to help in a case handled directly by the District Counselor. It involved a Senior Leader's misconducts thus creates a conflict among other leaders and the boss. Actually, very rarely I was at awe at peoples' attitude and behaviour but this time I was struck with a new experience in dealing with people. We had a short discussion and she was telling us her side of story. Of course, she was blaming others but not herself. I went around getting information and I found out that she was not telling every thing. She left out the most important part of why in the first place she committed the wrong doing.

I always remind my self, never in any condition, presumed any thing. Check and check. Never say bad words in any discussion, never attack any body even when I have the power to do so. However, this case was different. I had listened to her blaming others on every thing especially her boss. This time I spoke directly. I could not restrain myself.

I had been once, a leader too. Several advise to her are ;  if you want to be respected..learn to respect others. If you want to lead, first learn to to be led. If you act, expect  certain reactions to your actions. If you point your finger to others, other fingers will point to you. There are many ways to reach your goal, but the one that makes all the difference  is which one you choose to reach it. What ever way you choose, choose the one less hurting others because even if  you will reach your goal, you will sure to lose them. And when they have had enough, they will strike you back.

In any place she has gone in her service, all her bosses had lost the argument battle with her.  She was never quiet before. She always win. But this time, she was speechless. I was giving her a medicine.

A bitter one.

No comments:

Post a Comment