Pages

Saturday, October 20, 2012

The old story


My husband and our fruit of love..

I was cooking the late lunch today when my second child asked if we could go to night market near our house. Fine, I said. I was busy the whole week and spent very little time with family. My daughter has just finished her PMR exams and she needed to relax.

My husband was just fallen asleep but he woke up to bring us out. Pity him. Running here and there for us but he does not complaint nor he puts a face. That's one good thing about him. For me, he would go to the sky and picks up the moon and plucks the stars. He seldom says " I love u" to me but he does whatever it takes to make me comfortable, never complaints if I asked to eat out, never disturbs me if he sees me sleeping, and ever willing to help me with the house chores anytime. Not to praise him too much but that's the truth. When he was having dinner just now, I kept him company. I looked at his face and thought I was so lucky. He asked me why was I staring at him. I love you, I answered.

Well, I was a bit sidetracked to the original story. Something happened at the night market. Something which makes me thinking and remembering someone. We reached the night market around 5.30 p.m. We just wondered around and later I bought some drinks. I stopped to have a chat with the makcik selling the drink since I knew her quite well. My daughter suddenly said.. "Mom..look at there, in front of you. Abah.." I could not digest the word "Abah" until few seconds later. Yes, my ex was there too. I saw him..the second time after seven years. The first time was a few months ago..when we came face to face. I was dumbfounded at that first time but this time I saw him from far.

He looked unhealthy, he was limping (he has severe gout), and very poorly dressed. His hair has nearly gone and he was fatter, much fatter compared to the time when he was my husband. I felt nothing towards him now. After all the years have gone by, all traces of any feeling been washed out. I just felt strange seeing him. I just hope that he would be happy with his new life and new wife. He used to complaint that I was not good enough for him, so I hope this new lady brings him happiness. As for me, I am very happy and content with my life now. I don't care that he does not give money for the children. That's between him and Allah. The children are happy with their ayah and the ayah is also adoring them so much.

That's why I stared at my husband's face just now. I am so happy to be with you, my love. And thank you so much for lifted me up to the highest position ever in my life..of being your wife.

Thank You Allah..I am so grateful.




No comments:

Post a Comment