Pages

Monday, November 20, 2017

The road to happiness..

I went for a short trip to Kuala Tahan with office mates for team building activities. We started at Friday mid nite and we were supposed to reach Temerloh for Subuh prayer and later proceeded to Kuala Tahan, checked-in in a motel there. Later that afternoon we started the activity of  boat ride to visit the Orang Asli settlement there. It was afun and enjoyable trip. The boat ride was terrifying  since it was going on top speed, the water was high and they tried every possible way to make us wet..all over.  That night we had jungle walk and before we called it a day,we had barbecue, karaoke and had a good and exhausted sleep. The next morning we walked and climbed thousand of steps in the jungle to reach the Canopy Walkway.The walk was tiring but the climb was impossible. I managed to finish the climb with few pit stops. When we reached the canopy walkway..whaaa..an eerie feeling..acrophobia came seeping into my heart. It was so high up the trees. Somehow we managed to finish the activity with some of us caught leeches, the blood-sucking creatures. Whew..I was lucky I did not catch one, or in better words the leeches did not catch me. I put the best clothes I could get and sprayed my feet with Bygon. The said that was best remedial.

The trip was fun but I had a heartache on something else. The friend who sat next to me in the bus and later be my room mate in the motel was a pitiful wife and mother. Sitting next to her, I overheard hundreds of calls from her children left at home with the husband, who did not wish in the first place, to look after the kids...5 of them. I overheard the children complaining that they were hungry, that there was no food at home, that the children failed to wake up the sleeping father to buy food etc. That night in the motel room, the children called again and again..until I was tempted to tell her that she should not come to this trip leaving the kids with this useless (pardon me) father. However, later she spoke about the husband..how he abuses her physically (beating her, dragged her after she was beaten) during her pregnancy, how he keeps tracking the friends she is mixing with (asking the wife to video - called every time...he wanted to confirm the wife is in the same room with a lady (me)..how pathetic and irritating...how he stopped working , being jobless (because he is lazy) and jealous husband, and together with the abusive mother-in-law have been torturing her many and many years and..the saddest thing is how he rapped her without considering her emotional distress and physically beaten...Oh My Al Mighty God, how and why did this thing happened? I was speechless..and suddenly I felt how miserable her life is now. And I do not want to add more salt to the open wound. She has suffered enough.

She told her stories, crying and asking me should she get a divorce? I was quiet. I told her I could not say, get a divorce..but the time would come when you could not take it anymore. At that time you will get the courage, the will to set things straight. Now, just go ahead taking care of your kids,your family as best as you could..keep the highest level of perseverance as possible..keep your faith in Qada' and Qadar, and one day Allah will tell you what to do, provide you the courage and bravery to move you to take whatever action needed and will help you all along the way to happiness..

Taman Negara














2 comments:

  1. Zu..happy to know that you went to Kuala Tahan and experienced all those good things but so sad about your roomate. I can imagine her situation and suddenly feel angry with what happen to her. Feel like wanna help her to get out from 'the system' it tortured her mentally and physically..pity her. i do hope she is strong enough to face it..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sha.. I feel sad too. How could a man who are supposed to protect her turned to be her worst night mare. When I overheard the conversation between her and that man, feel like to take phone and curse him..But we are outsiders Sha..we just be good listener to her, we cannot interfere. Its her "mountain" to climb over..

    ReplyDelete