Pages

Wednesday, June 13, 2018

An ecstatic moment..

I love English language - writing in English and use English when speaking. However, I love Malay songs more than English songs, especially the old Malay songs, even the  1950 's oldies. I was not even born yet during the years but I know quiet a number of the songs and the singers of that time. This love is helped a lot by listening to the radio channel..Radio Klasik. While I was cooking in the kitchen, I always tuned in to this channel and the songs aired helped me to complete my task and at the same time tuned in me into memory lane.

When listening to the songs, my mind would immediately fly to the time when I was growing up in the Felda settlement. The time when the only entertainment you could get is the radio. The songs played by the DJs remind me the happy days..the sad days..the struggle..the pain..and the lost.

I was cooking yesterday for breakfasting, was trying to open up the lid of the oil bottle when I heard through the radio  the announcement of the winner of  a writing competition ADILA. I heard the first name of the winner, and suddenly the DJ mentioned my name next. I was numb and the next second I did not hear anything..just screaming and called my husband telling him..I won..I won. My story would be aired on the fifth Hari Raya..I was so happy and jumped with joy. Finally, it was proven that I have some talent in writing...

The next day, the producer for that segment called me. She was interested with my story and asked me to write more, may be this time writing the drama script. Ohh..I was estatatic..and that was one of the happiest days in my life..


Image result for radio klasik
          https://myklik.rtm.gov.my/radio/klasik


Till then..Eid Mubarak to every one. May this be the happiest day ever to all my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment