Pages

Friday, April 8, 2011

The Final Goodbye...



Picture taken from Google

Today marks another important event in my life. I formally said goodbye to all my friends,subordinates and collegues. I have tried to imagine that day I finally go from here but it was not the same like the real experience. This morning I was given a chance to speak, to be given an honour to launch the bulletin. My tone was normal at first but when I mentioned the fact that today was my final day here, people could notice the choke in my throat and my voice crumbled..I admit I was happy to leave because I could not stand the stress here but I love some of the people there and I actually love the place. However when it was time to say farewell after 11 years working there it was hard..really hard..

I cried..everytime I hugged them..one by one..the words I reserved to say to them were gone.. I forgot the lines because I was busy wiping my tears..I know when they hugged me, they were really sincere saying they would miss me and they love me dearly because I too felt the same..

Goodbye my dear friends..all of you will sadly missed but your kindness and gracious efforts to help me all through the years will always be in my heart. May be one day I will come back there and this time as the head of the department..just may be..Until then..bye bye..

Should auld acquaintance be forgot,
and never brought to mind?
Should auld acquaintance be forgot,
and auld lang syne?

Chorus:
For auld lang syne, my dear,
for auld lang syne,
we’ll tak a cup o’ kindness yet,
for auld lang syne.

No comments:

Post a Comment